The Cherokee Scout

Mr. Cherokee Competition Exceeds Expectations as a Landmark Event for the Senior Class

The+Mr.+Cherokee+contestants+waiting+in+anticipation+of+the+results.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

The Mr. Cherokee contestants waiting in anticipation of the results.

Francis Agnes

Francis Agnes

Francis Agnes

On Feb. 9, the Class of 2018 hosted the annual Mr. Cherokee competition. The competition consists of four events: causal wear, formal wear, talent and fishbowl questions. After the four rounds, the judges come together and announce the year’s Mr. Cherokee.

This year’s contestants were Joe Bednarek, Naledge Brown, Chris Zurzolo, Brandon Marks, Jake Liguori, Christopher Cato, Dante Casella, Becker Elbanna, Brandon Ashe, and Taha Rana. These boys did not fail to entertain the crowd as laughs filled the room, and this year’s winner, Christopher Cato, was a teacher and crowd favorite.  

As fun as Mr. Cherokee is, it also starts the wave of senior events leading up to graduation. Each year, at the very end of the night, the senior prom song is announced. The various emotions are felt by everyone, and this year’s song, “I’ll Be” by Edwin McCain, definitely conjured up some tears.  

• Mr. Cherokee Competition Exceeds Expectations as a Landmark Event for the Senior Class

School News

Beware of Cherokee’s Sinking Football Field

School News

Students Explore New Opportunities at Job Fair

School News

A Night of Honor at Cherokee’s Language Honor Society Induction

School News

A New American Idol Comes to the Cherokee Stage

School News

Cherokee Foundation for Education

School News

Mr. Cherokee Kicks off the Countdown to Graduation

School News

Cherokee’s About to Feel a Lot More Zen

School News

Be A Santa To A Senior: Spread Some Holiday Cheer

School News

Shocking Discovery: Mold in Cherokee!

School News

Powderpuff: Alm19ghty vs G20rious

The Student News Site of Cherokee High School