The Cherokee Scout

Mr. Cherokee Competition Exceeds Expectations as a Landmark Event for the Senior Class

The+Mr.+Cherokee+contestants+waiting+in+anticipation+of+the+results.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

The Mr. Cherokee contestants waiting in anticipation of the results.

Francis Agnes

Francis Agnes

Francis Agnes

On Feb. 9, the Class of 2018 hosted the annual Mr. Cherokee competition. The competition consists of four events: causal wear, formal wear, talent and fishbowl questions. After the four rounds, the judges come together and announce the year’s Mr. Cherokee.

This year’s contestants were Joe Bednarek, Naledge Brown, Chris Zurzolo, Brandon Marks, Jake Liguori, Christopher Cato, Dante Casella, Becker Elbanna, Brandon Ashe, and Taha Rana. These boys did not fail to entertain the crowd as laughs filled the room, and this year’s winner, Christopher Cato, was a teacher and crowd favorite.  

As fun as Mr. Cherokee is, it also starts the wave of senior events leading up to graduation. Each year, at the very end of the night, the senior prom song is announced. The various emotions are felt by everyone, and this year’s song, “I’ll Be” by Edwin McCain, definitely conjured up some tears.  

• Mr. Cherokee Competition Exceeds Expectations as a Landmark Event for the Senior Class

School News

Senior Advice to Freshmen

School News

This Year’s NHS Induction

School News

Spirit Week Brings Competition Among Students

School News

A Pep Rally With No Pep?

School News

Volleyball Tournament Cancelled!

School News

Haunted Attractions: Beware the Scare!

School News

Freshman Quotes

School News

Sophomore Cotillion

School News

American Sign Language Club

School News

Annual Blizzard Dance Put On Ice After Low Ticket Sales

The Student News Site of Cherokee High School